Wednesday, May 09, 2012

My Lesson Today

My lesson today is about time accumulation.

Jim Rohn said before, that if you think that by drinking an unhealthy drink today, does not make you sick, don't be sure that years later, it will be the same.

Time accumulation.

This is so powerful. Just like my dividends, time accumulation on anything is powerful and intense. Even things that are negative, are intense.

There is this guy, when I first met him, he was young at 19 years old. I was 16 years old. I caught him lying when I saw him at snooker area, when he was suppose to be at home. We broke up after that.

8 years later, I begin meeting him again, and eventually got back together. But during the 1 1/2 years together, I was constantly being lied to. Numerous times. Til I can't remember how many times. We broke up again after that.

3 years later, somehow, we once again got back together. Silly me, how can I make the same mistake 3 times?!

The 3rd time round, I learnt something from him. The first time we broke up, when he lied, he was beginning to learn how to lie, and he didn't really know how to say sorry then.

8 years later when we got together again, he learnt to lie so well, and so often, that everything he felt he didn't want to do, or want to do but did not want me to find out, he lied about it. He never had to learn to be a better person, simply because he didn't have to. He didn't take up the responsibility for the actions that he did. So he never had to learn.

Then 3 years later, now, lying is forming his character. He has already forgotten, and has gotten to the stage of even refusal to learn how to be a better person. He is the same as 11 years ago, his mind did not improve, nor did his integrity, and his morals. He learnt to say sorry and look apologetic, but once you forgave him, he continued again. He lies about everything. You name it, he has lied about.

And I realized that every time when a person lies to cover up his mistakes, he gave up a chance to learn to be a better person. Because he didn't need to. After a year, he formed a habit of covering up whatever he did wrong by lying and never once had to try to become better. After 16 years, he never want to become a better person anymore. "What's the point? I can always lie about it. Its so much easier!"

But the thing is, this kind of behavior can never be kept for too long. It always catches up with you. Always.
Time, will always show your true character.

No comments: