Monday, March 24, 2014

How one experiences the world around him

"“My awareness of what happens is defining the event itself.” Identified with the intellect, they think, “I am thinking this thing through to its logical conclusion.” Finally, identified with the sense organs they think," I see; I hear; I taste; I smell; I touch. By this means I define all that I experience in the world around me."

All senses + life history = defination of experience around one

By reading this excerpt from BG, suddenly I had a thought. Really a person defines all experience by one's senses and life history up to that point. For example, if money has always been a problem, then one would be extra sensitive when it comes to money issues, whereas a person of a wealthy background probably would not think of any small money issues as problems at all.

.

No comments: